Sunday, October 14, 2012

Finisher

Before I got married, there were a few things I was looking for in a future husband. Just basic things like a man of faith, smart, funny, kind. But one quality was pretty specific: he could not be an athlete. Yes, athletes are healthy and active and all that. But athletes also tend to enjoy watching sports on TV. Sometimes for long periods of time. And I do not. So when I started getting to know Aaron and realized he knew pretty much nothing about professional sports, I was smitten. What luck to have found such a wonderful, unathletic guy!

Well, folks, people change. My sweet nerdy husband has gone and run a marathon. 


He was so good at it that he even had a smile on his face while he ran. Really! Watch the video if you don't believe me! 


I'm so incredibly proud of him for deciding to do something he used to think he could never do, and for following through with it. He even beat his goal time of 4:20 by two minutes! And so far, he hasn't started watching any sports. So it's pretty much the best of both worlds. ;)

2 comments: