Sunday, September 9, 2012

Celebrating Mom.

I used to want to be just like my mom when I grew up, which meant being a teacher, driving a van with lots of carseats, and carrying a wallet with lots of cards in it and a keychain with lots of keys. Then for a while, I wanted to be different from her, because I was a teenager and she grounded me sometimes.

These days I'm back to wanting to be like my mom, but my reasons are different. For one thing, the wallet and keys aren't as exciting as I thought they would be. But mostly it's because I've started to realize just how selfless, generous, loving, persistent, faithful, kind, hard working, and Godly my mom is. And when I'm not intimidated, I'm inspired. And hopeful that by the time I'm 50, I might be half as cool as she is. 


And yes, that cake says 60-10. Reduce, reuse and recycle. Birthday candles are no exception.

2 comments: